It seems obvious that paying employees too much can cut into profits, but paying too little can too!
If your employees turn over too quickly, then customer service is compromised. As a result, that will raise tenant turnover, vacancies and turnover costs. A major cause of excess employee turnover is not paying a market rate. Therefore, to pay at the optimal level, employers need to know the market.
To find out how your company fits into the market for rental housing employees, purchase the CFAA 2019-2020 Employee Compensation and Benefits Survey!
The 2019-2020 CFAA Rental Housing Employee Benefits and Compensation Survey reports data on 9 building based positions and addresses 21 head office positions. It provides Canada-wide compensation data and provincial or regional data, as well as actual city data. For positions for which there is not enough local data, a statistical estimate of city wages is included.
The building based positions are:
- Building Superintendent
- Leasing Agent
- Maintenance Technician
- Property Administrator
- Property Assistant Manager
- Property Manager
- Security Guard
Data is reported for several positions is showing the compensation driven by building size. Information on benefit programs, pension plans, turnover rates, and other HR practices is also provided in the full survey. The survey covers over 4,200 employees working for landlords of various sizes.
Surveys may be purchased nationally or separately for one or more areas. On the order form, please mark the survey reports you want to purchase.
The cities/area reports include:
Cost: $990 / $890
- Toronto, ON
Cost: $775 / $650
- Montreal and Quebec City
- British Columbia
Cost: $695 / $550
- Toronto – superintendents only
Cost: $525 / $425
- Eastern Canada (excl. Halifax, Montreal & Quebec City)
- Ontario smaller centres
- Manitoba and Saskatchewan
The higher price includes the benefits report, while the lower price is the compensation report only. Prices stated are for Non-Participant pricing for the Compensation & Benefits Survey. If your company participated in the survey, you are entitled to a preferred rate. Click here for the order form for survey participants.
You can either pay by credit card or CFAA will invoice your company. Applicable GST/HST will be added to your order.
Once you have purchased the survey, you can contact Steven Osiel at 3rd Quartile for any questions about the results:
- Tel: (647) 701-7047
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.3rdquartile.com
Due to the nature of the product, there are no refunds on purchases of the CFAA Rental Housing Compensation & Benefits Survey.
CFAA would like to thank the Property Management Companies who participated in the 2019-2020 survey:
- Canahahns Company Limited
- Centurion Property Associates
- Ferguslea Properties
- Greater Edmonton Foundation (GEF Seniors Housing)
- GWL Realty Advisors Ltd.
- Hollyburn Properties Ltd.
- Homestead Land Holdings Limited
- Kay Four Properties Inc.
- Kelson Group
- Killam Properties Inc.
- Morguard Investments Limited
- Northview Apartment REIT
- Osgoode Properties
- Oxford Properties Group
- Shiplake Properties Limited
- Sifton Properties Limited
- Skyline Real Estate Limited Partnership
- The Minto Group
- Timbercreek Asset Management
- Urbanlife Management Ltd.
- Join CFAA’s Direct MembershipOctober 15th, 2019
- CFAA Fall Webinar Series Coming SoonSeptember 23rd, 2020
- Take care NOW to maintain your access to CMHC-insured fundsNovember 12th, 2020
- What does the Fall Economic Statement mean for rental housing providers?December 1st, 2020
- CFAA Webinar – NOT JUST sub-metering – Tues Nov 24November 20th, 2020
- Register for “Technology Updates for COVID-19 and beyond”November 17th, 2020