CFAA believes that:
- a healthy rental market contributes greatly to Canada’s national well-being and economic prosperity; and
- landlords and tenants have a common interest in:
- free rental markets,
- fair taxation of residential rental property,
- high industry standards for customer service, and
- housing assistance that supports tenants’ rights to choose their housing and to move when and if they please.
CFAA advocates reasonable government support for those who cannot adequately address their own housing needs due to disabilities or disadvantages.
At any given time, the political goals on which CFAA focuses vary with what our members think is most important, and with what the CFAA Board thinks can be achieved, depending on the government’s inclinations and priorities and the political, economic and fiscal environment.
The full list of CFAA’s political goals is the following: