Direct Membership for Landlords
Expansion of the Direct Membership Program|
Since its inception in 1995, CFAA has raised its funding primarily through membership dues from landlord associations. Now we are asking rental providers to join CFAA as direct members. Through the expansion of the direct membership program, CFAA expects to achieve more for Canada's residential landlords by providing enhanced member services, and enabling CFAA to add substantially to our government relations work, thus improving the investment, development and operating environment for residential landlords.
To join CFAA, fill our our application form and email it to email@example.com.
New Membership Privileges
New for 2019, for direct members, CFAA is making available new privileges, such as:
The on-going benefits of direct landlord membership are:
- Discounts on rental housing conferences,
- Discounts on numerous rental housing education programs,
- Discounts on recordings of CFAA's conferences and education programs, and
- Access to additional webinars.
To implement the new membership privileges and other membership services improvements, CFAA wants and needs input from landlords across Canada. To provide your input, please email Jeremy Newman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stronger federal advocacy (see below)
- Stronger advocacy to reduce the spread of municipal and provincial measures contrary to the interests of rental housing providers
- Quicker notice of changes to government programs
- Direct, advance notice of CFAA events
- Direct, advance notice of CFAA service offerings, such as the CFAA Employee Compensation Survey
- The ability to influence governance of CFAA through direct voting rights
- The ability to sit on committees and boards
- Direct access to Rental Housing Business (RHB) Magazine and National Outlook, keeping you up-to-date on the latest industry developments
- Media relations that provide a national voice to promote the industry's public image accurately
- Educational opportunities through CFAA's Rental Housing Conference
Expanded Political Action
Over the last two years, CFAA has played a major role in shaping the ten year National Housing Strategy (NHS). Within that strategy, CFAA achieved access for private rental providers to commitments for government spending of:
In order to get the most benefit from the federal government's funding commitments for rental housing, the CFAA Board of Directors plans to engage a national government relations firm (with long-standing, deep connections to government and politicians) to provide additional monitoring of federal initiatives, and to assist CFAA on the key federal issues.
- $4B on housing benefits for low income tenants,
- $3.75B in low-cost lending for rental construction,
- $5.7B for retrofitting private market (for-profit) and community housing, and
- $7.4B for funds to be invested in new rental construction.
The total amount of NHS spending open to for-profit rental providers is to be $22B, or close to $6,000 per rental unit in Canada on average. CFAA is working hard to make sure all rental providers can get their share of that money, and that the money is spent in a way which supports the rental housing industry. Help us achieve those goals for you!
CFAA activities in addition to advocacy
Besides advocacy, CFAA is the main communication channel by which landlords share issues and solutions across Canada. CFAA:
What CFAA does is driven by what our members tell us they need. Become a direct member today, and let us know what you need to succeed as a landlord in Canada.
- Brings apartment associations together from coast to coast
- Publishes news through National Outlook, Rental Housing Business (RHB) Magazine, and articles in member association newsletters and magazines
- Holds an annual three-day Rental Housing Conference
- Assembles and provides rental housing information, such as industry-specific compensation and benefits data
- Co-ordinates strategies for fighting bad policy initiatives in cities and provinces across Canada
- Leads information sharing among member associations and landlords
Membership dues are payable annually and are based on the number of rental units you own or manage. The annual direct membership is $100, plus 50 cents per rental unit you own or manage.
|To join CFAA, fill out our application form and email it to email@example.com.
|For more information, please contact us at 613-235-0101 or firstname.lastname@example.org.